As Z2 Comics continues to revolutionize the comics industry with their music collaborations, the track list for the audio from the upcoming 2020 Grateful Dead graphic novel is now available. Grateful Dead Origins tells the story of the band’s transformation from a bar band performing as the Warlocks to becoming the creators of their own sound and cultural movement through their music and community. Artist Noah Van Sciver illustrates an original history created by writer Chris Miskiewicz. The graphic novel will be available in 2 editions: a standard edition and a limited run collectors deluxe edition. The standard edition (available here: http://bit.ly/GDorigins) will feature an exclusive download of 13 tracks curated by famed Grateful Dead archivist David Lemieux. Lemieux, the keeper of the vault of Grateful Dead music, personally selected the tracklist comprised of:
- The Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion) – from Grateful Dead
- Cream Puff War – from Rare Cuts
- Walking The Dog – from Rare Cuts
- Viola Lee Blues – from Road Trips 2/2/68
- Hey Little One – from Rare Cuts
- That’s It For The Other One – from Anthem Of The Sun
- Midnight Hour – from 1966 30 Trips
- Standing On The Corner – from Rare Cuts
- China Cat Sunflower – from Aoxomoxoa
- Big Railroad Blues – from Rare Cuts
- Morning Dew – from Grateful Dead
- Keep Rolling By – from 1966 30 Trips
- Cosmic Charlie – from Aoxomoxoa
The limited run collector’s deluxe edition will have the same download as the standard edition but will also be bundled with a vinyl LP containing a previously unreleased live performance from the Grateful Dead. The performance was recorded at the Fillmore West in San Francisco on August 21, 1968. The track list for the vinyl is:
Origins DELUXE EDITION LP – Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA (8/21/68)
- Dark Star (14:33)
- St. Stephen (04:45)
- The Eleven (11:07)
- Death Don’t Have No Mercy (08:09)
This previously unreleased show includes the first known West Coast live rendition of St. Stephen, and the first known performance of its William Tell Bridge, which would join St. Stephen to The Eleven. The show was recorded to 8-track analog tape, and was mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser at Airshow Mastering in Boulder, CO. The deluxe edition will be available for pre-order via Z2 Comics at www.z2comics.com/shop/grateful-dead or via dead.net at https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/almanac/grateful-dead-origins-deluxe-edition-lp-1.html.
With the recent success of partnerships with Yungblud, BabyMetal, Andy Black and Skillet, Z2 Comics continues to solidify their place as the premier creator of music-affiliated graphic novels.
zeea beea4 years ago
damn this live, how yall get that loading bar!!